For patients missing numerous teeth, even simple everyday activities, such as eating or speaking, can turn into a struggle. Luckily, all-on-4 dental implants in Ottawa, also known as “teeth-in-a-day”, combine the staying power of dental implants with a lifelike dental bridge to rebuild your smile in a way that feels and looks absolutely natural.
What are All-on-4 Dental Implants in Ottawa?
All-on-four dental implants in Ottawa are total arch replacements that require 4 to 6 titanium implants and the expertise of our dental team. Many consider that placing dental implants is an arduous and expensive procedure, particularly if they need an entire row of teeth replaced. We believe in an elegant, reliable, and simplified solution: All-on-Four dental implants, which can replace entire rows of teeth quickly and efficiently.
Generally, dental implants for individual permanent teeth require minor surgery and an individual screw installation. Added up over time to maintain a complete smile plagued with continued tooth loss and decay, the costs for more separate implants can add up.
All-on-Four denture implants bypass this hassle and needless expense by functioning as a complete arch of teeth installed with 4 to 6 titanium implants. Not only does this mean that each implant can replace a complete arch, but the implants will uniquely fuse to living bone and behave naturally, producing a long-lasting and strong restorative solution. Additionally, it prevents future bone loss in the jaw.
All-on-4 Dental Implant Procedure
Getting implants for the first time could be scary. Most of this fear, however, is due to uncertainty about the treatment plant and what to expect on the day of the procedure.
Here is the detailed step-by-step process for getting all-on-4 dental implants in Ottawa:
- To begin with, your dentist will administer local or general anaesthesia to ensure that you are comfortable.
- The dentist or oral surgeon will remove your remaining teeth that are decaying in order to prepare your mouth for the implants. Then, they will remove any infected or damaged tissue from your gums and jaw.
- Finally, the implantation process can begin. The dentist or surgeon will insert implant screws into your jaw. Most often, two implants are placed at the front of your mouth, and two – at the back. These implants will serve as “anchors” to evenly bare the weight of the full denture.
- Once the implants are placed, the dentist will clean the treated areas and suture all the incisions. You will be taken to a recovery room to relax and take your time to wake up from the anesthesia.
All-on-4 Dental Implants Recovery Time
While the healing time for traditional dentures can range from 3 to 8 months, with all-on-4 dentures, you can return to normal sooner. As the implants fuse to your jawbone, they promote stability of the denture from the very first day.
During the recovery period, it is important to rest, manage the pain, and eat soft foods.
Here is the typical recovery timeline:
- First hour after the surgery. Right after the surgery until you stop bleeding, gauze will be placed over treated areas. You should gently bite on it in order to keep it in place.
- At home after the surgery. Once you go home after the procedure, avoid doing anything that would disturb the surgical sites. Do not rinse or touch the sore spots, except for light brushing with an ultra soft toothbrush. Your dentist might prescribe a medicated rinse to promote healing.
- Twenty four hours after surgery. If the bleeding is minor, you can start using salt water rinse. Mix one tablespoon of salt in a glass of water and rinse gently 2-3 times a day.
- The next day. In the following day, you should be resting on a bed and avoid lifting heavy objects, bending over, or exercising, as this may lead to more swelling and bleeding. You can get back to light exercises 3-4 days following the surgery.
Benefits of All-on-4 in Ottawa
All-on-Four dental implants in Ottawa — otherwise known as Teeth-in-a-Day implants — offer complete and high-grade restoration that is more comfortable and hassle-free than most dentures. For people suffering from numerous missing teeth or those who are likely to face significant tooth decay later in life, they provide a quick, non-intrusive way of maintaining a naturally-looking smile from top to bottom.
The benefits of implant supported dentures include:
- Only four dental implants are required to secure the denture, minimizing the cost and recovery time.
- The procedure can be performed for patients with reduced bone density, allowing you to avoid a bone grafting procedure.
- The recovery period for implant supported dentures is shorter as compared to traditional dentures.
- Our dental professionals may place a temporary set of teeth on the day of the procedure, allowing you to have a full smile while your bone and gum tissues heal.
Are Implant Supported Dentures Right For Me?
In case you want to replace one or two teeth with dental implants, waiting for gum tissues to heal before receiving the permanent crown may not be an issue. However, if you need to get a new full arch of teeth, timely solution can be crucial to allow you to chew your food, speak clearly, and look your best. Some people can’t imagine functioning for a prolonged time without teeth. Here, all-on-4 implants offer a critical advantage over conventional dentures.
While regular dentures can restore the aesthetics of your smile, they do not compare to implant supported dentures in performance and convenience. When the retained dentures are held in place by tooth implants rather than temporary adhesives, you get renewed confidence, and your chewing function improves. With all-on-4 dental implants in Ottawa, you will never have to worry whether your dentures make weird clicking noises or shift from their place.
Regain Your Confidence with Rockcliffe Dental & Denture Centre
Do you find yourself searching for “all-on-4 dental implants near me”? Look no more! At Rockcliffe Dental & Denture Centre, introducing the latest and most reliable innovations to patients is important in order to provide the best and most future-facing care. There’s a reason all-on-4 dental implants in Ottawa (All-on-Fours) are also known as Teeth-in-a-Day implants — they achieve quick and reliable results in that timespan.