For patients missing numerous teeth, even simple everyday activities, such as eating or speaking, can turn into a struggle. Luckily, all-on-4 dental implants in Ottawa, also known as “teeth-in-a-day”, combine the staying power of dental implants with a lifelike dental bridge to rebuild your smile in a way that feels and looks absolutely natural.
What are All-on-4 Dental Implants in Ottawa?
All-on-four dental implants in Ottawa are total arch replacements that require 4 to 6 titanium implants and the expertise of our dental team. Many consider that placing dental implants is an arduous and expensive procedure, particularly if they need an entire row of teeth replaced. We believe in an elegant, reliable, and simplified solution: All-on-Four dental implants, which can replace entire rows of teeth quickly and efficiently.
Generally, dental implants for individual permanent teeth require minor surgery and an individual screw installation. Added up over time to maintain a complete smile plagued with continued tooth loss and decay, the costs for more separate implants can add up.
All-on-Four denture implants bypass this hassle and needless expense. Instead, they function as a complete arch of teeth installed with 4 to 6 titanium implants. Not only does this mean that each implant can replace a full arch, but the implants will fuse to the natural bone and act naturally, creating a strong and long-lasting restorative solution. Additionally, it prevents future bone loss in the jaw.
All-on-4 Dental Implant Procedure
Getting implants for the first time could be scary. Most of this fear, however, is due to uncertainty about the treatment plant and what to expect on the day of the procedure.
Here is the detailed step-by-step process for getting all-on-4 dental implants in Ottawa:
- Anesthesia. To begin with, your dentist will administer local or general anaesthesia to ensure that you are comfortable during the dental surgery.
- Tooth extraction. The dentist or oral surgeon will remove your remaining teeth that are experience decay in preparation for dental implants. Then, they will remove any infected or damaged tissue from your gums and jaw.
- Implant placement. Finally, the implantation process can begin. The dentist or dental surgeon will then insert metal implant screws into your jaw. Most of the time, two implants are placed at the back of your mouth, and two – at the front. These implants will serve as “anchors” to evenly bear the weight of the complete denture.
- Sutures. Once the dentist places the implants, he will clean the treated areas and suture all the incisions. You will be taken to a recovery room to relax and take your time to wake up from the anesthesia.
All-on-4 Dental Implants Recovery Time
While the healing time for traditional dentures can range from 3 to 8 months, with all-on-four protocol, you can return to normal sooner. As the implants fuse to your jawbone, they promote stability of the denture from the very first day.
During the recovery period, it is important to rest, manage the pain, and eat soft foods.
Here is the typical recovery timeline:
- First hour after the surgery. Right after the surgery until you stop bleeding, you will need to keep gauze over treated areas. You should gently bite on it in order to keep it in place.
- At home after the surgery. Once you go home after the procedure, avoid doing anything that would disturb the surgical sites. Do not rinse or touch the sore spots, except for light brushing with an ultra-soft toothbrush. Your dentist might prescribe a medicated rinse to promote healing.
- Twenty four hours after surgery. If the bleeding is minor, you can start using salt water rinse. Mix one tablespoon of salt in a glass of water and rinse gently 2-3 times a day.
- The next day. On the following day, you should be resting on a bed and avoid lifting heavy objects, bending over, or exercising, as this may lead to more swelling and bleeding. You can get back to light exercises 3-4 days following the surgery.
Benefits of All-on-4 in Ottawa
All-on-Four dental implants in Ottawa — otherwise known as Teeth-in-a-Day implants — offer complete and high-grade restoration that is more comfortable and hassle-free than most dentures. For people suffering from numerous missing teeth or those who are likely to face significant tooth decay later in life, they provide a quick, non-intrusive way of maintaining a naturally-looking smile from top to bottom.
The benefits of all-on-4 dentures include:
1. Greater Self-Confidence
Patients who receive all-on-four implant treatment get a full set of natural-looking teeth that are fixed comfortably and securely in their mouth. This means that they can enjoy all their favourite foods without worry.
Knowing that your teeth will safely stay in place at all times, patients don’t need to be concerned about being embarrassed with loose dentures and, therefore, experience a significant boost in their self-confidence. In addition, all-on-four implants help to restore your facial structure, giving you a more youthful appearance.
2. Prevention of Bone Loss and Degradation
One of the most common issues associated with missing or lost teeth is the resulting degradation of the jaw bone. The all-on-four implant system can help to minimize the effect of bone loss, because implants are affixed directly into the jawbone, acting similarly to the roots of natural teeth. The pressure experienced by the jawbone is similar to that of natural teeth, which provides strength to the area and encourages the retention of bone density and mass.
Another important advantage of the all-on-four treatment concept is that it can be used even for patients who have already experienced some level of bone loss, reducing the likelihood that a bone grafting procedure will be necessary. Without the need for a bone graft, treatment and recovery times are considerably shorter.
3. Easier Dental Care and Better Oral Hygiene
Caring for dental implants and all-on-four teeth is easy and similar to caring for natural teeth. Flossing, brushing, using oral rinses, and going for regular dental checkups are still necessary habits that you should already be familiar with. Make sure to talk to your dentist about any additional oral hygiene instructions for your new teeth.
In addition, unlike standard removable dentures, all-on-four implants don’t require the use of messy and costly adhesives and cleaning solutions, saving you money, time, and hassle.
4. A Permanent Solution
One of the most important benefits of all-on-four is that this treatment provides permanent results and doesn’t require frequent fitting sessions like traditional dentures do.
Because the all-on-four treatment concept uses a denture that is securely held in place by implants, you are less likely to experience gum disease and recession or notice that your restoration becomes loose and uncomfortable over time. All-in-all, all-on-four provides a permanent solution that leads to greater convenience and comfort for the patient.
Are Teeth-in-a-Day Dentures Right For Me?
If you require a single implant, waiting several months for your gums to heal before installing the permanent crown will not present a problem. However, when you need a full arch of implants and new artificial teeth, it is important to receive a timely solution, so that you can speak clearly, chew your food, and look your best as soon as possible. Some people simply can’t imagine living for a prolonged time without teeth! In these cases, you have an option to choose between implant-supported dentures and conventional dentures.
While regular dentures can restore the look and aesthetics of your smile, they can’t compare to implant-supported all-on-four dentures in terms of convenience and performance. When the retained dentures are held in place by dental implants rather than temporary adhesives, your chewing function improves, and you get renewed confidence. With all-on-four dental implants in Ottawa, you will never need to worry whether your dentures shift from their place or make weird clicking noises.
Regain Your Confidence with Rockcliffe Dental & Denture Centre
Do you find yourself searching for “all-on-4 dental implants near me”? Look no more! At Rockcliffe Dental & Denture Centre, introducing new and reliable innovations to patients is important in order to provide high-quality, future-facing care. There’s a reason all-on-4 dental implants in Ottawa (All-on-Fours) are also known as Teeth-in-a-Day implants — they achieve quick and reliable results in that timespan.
Want to get your new teeth in a day? Contact us today to book an appointment with our knowledgeable team of dental implant professionals.
All-on-Four Implants FAQ
All-on-four implants offer a permanent solution to missing teeth, lasting for 20 years or even longer with proper care. Your denture will experience wear and tear over time and will eventually require replacement. However, the implant posts should never be replaced and can last you a lifetime.
Potential problems with all-on-4 treatment include tissue damage, device failure, and unexpected expenses for the patient. However, you can prevent these issues by choosing a skilled and experienced dental professional at Rockcliffe Dental & Denture Centre to perform the procedure.
Be prepared to spend $28,000 and up per arch for all-on-four implants, depending on the additional dental treatments required, such as bone grafting to restore bone structure and volume.
While this may seem like a significant investment, remember that you are receiving a permanent solution. All-0n-4 will help to restore the function and aesthetics of your smile, ultimately improving your quality of life.
Yes, all-on-four replacement teeth will function and look much like natural teeth. The only way people around you will know that you have all-on-four is if you choose to tell them yourself.
The all-on-four concept involves creating a permanent tooth replacement set with a fixed bridge supported by dental implants. You will never have to worry about taking out and cleaning your denture. In addition, the implants themselves will never require removal and replacement.
As such, with the all-on-four procedure, you receive a permanent set of new teeth. And the best part is that they function and feel just like natural teeth!
- Dental Implants in Ottawa
- Full Mouth Dental Implant Options
- Implant-Supported Dentures
- Removable Implant Overdentures
- All-on-Four Dental Implants vs Traditional Implants
- Can You Really Get New Teeth in One Day?
- Dentist vs Denturist: Who Should You Visit?
- General Dentistry in Ottawa
- Oral Surgery in Ottawa